Run your own race. Pave your own path. No one is chasing you.

I was once a victim; a victim of comparison, something that almost robbed me of my goals and path in my career. Sounds familiar? One evening, more than a decade ago, out with some old friends of mine, we were having the time of our lives; music blaring, drinks flowing, Yorkshire accents renting the air, joint jumping, the perfect ambience notwithstanding. Everything was going on well, or so I thought. Little did I know it was going to be short-lived. One of my friends suggested something that sent me into utter frenzy; that we put our business cards on the table! To say that I did not freeze for a couple of minutes would be a lie. It was synonymous to the awkward moment when you are asked how much you have in your bank account, in this economy especially.

The sight of those fancy business cards almost made me rethink my professional career, at that time. Everyone had this director/ manager title beside their name and yet here I was, with nothing close to that. Instead of focusing on my own professional journey at that time, my mind constantly worried about a title here and there. I remember one of my mentors jokingly saying, “You do realize these titles don’t mean they have shareholding, right?”

Ever gone for a morning or evening walk or run? You come across many other people either walking or running too. Each one of them, internally has a reason to be on the road and doing so, at their own pace. Each time you are tempted to compare yourself to others, it is important to remember that we, distinctively, are running our own races – alone.  The race you are running is incredibly different from those around you.

Avoid being a victim of circumstances; define growth and success under your own terms. It won’t come overnight, and, in most cases, you will realize it’s in fact a never-ending cycle. As cliché as it may sound, once you stop reaching for success, you stop being successful. Take one step at a time and internally acknowledge that you are on a journey, your own individual path. You won’t have the same experience as any other person, and you’ll do things in your own time. After all, what is diversity?

Today, when I look back, I am content with my path and happy at it. It may not make sense to someone out there, and that’s OK. I am running my own race. Thank you CBA, bank for interesting people, for holding my hand, encouraging me and supporting my journey.

Wearing; Navy Blue Checkered window pane made to measure two button 3 notch lapel (tennis collar) double Vents (back) Suit, a Hawes & Curtis Men’s Blue & White Stripe Slim Fit Shirt and a navy-blue window pane stunning diamond patterned waistcoat and matching diamond encrusted cravat. A Claude Bernard watch, an ivory Boutonniere on the lapel and Kobicha Chestnut colored Steve Madden Double Monk Straps finish off the look (All models wardrobe).

Location; Villa Rosa Kempinski, Nairobi.

Photography; Kuyo Photography

Mood; Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin – I Like It

11 Comments

• Rover
    Posted January 30, 2019 12:45 pm 0Likes

I think our parents also played a huge role. Have you ever done something wrong then he or she goes like “mbona usikuwe kama nani?” So sad.

• Vinieo
      Posted January 31, 2019 7:19 am 0Likes

I totally relate and agree. Most parents want you to become like so and so or like them and hence comes the pressure. I am glad to have shared this post.

• Babz
    Posted February 4, 2019 7:49 am 0Likes

I like it. Good stuff.

• Vinieo
      Posted February 4, 2019 8:48 am 0Likes

Thank You Babz for reading and commenting. I hope this message reaches out to so many people.

• Lucy
    Posted April 9, 2019 9:33 am 0Likes

Howdy,

Must say your website looks quite ok. Good job.
    However, if you want your website to be really successful, then make sure you use the best tools to optimize your online content.
    Otherwise it won’t be on the top of Google search results and no-one will know about it. I’m sure you didn’t create this website to just be online, but to attract new people/customers.

Few months ago my friend convinced me to use tools from below article and I have to say it helped me soo much:

I hope it will help you as well.
    Keep up the good work and you will eventually build a big online business.
    //Lucy

• Mark
    Posted April 9, 2019 11:12 am 0Likes

mate your site is really cool, but it has a poor Domain Authority
    sad truth is that sites with poor Domain Authority won’t rank high in Google and in result get very little of traffic
    I had the same problem in the past and my website didn’t rank high in Google
    I searched for a professional who would help me with it; found one guy who really helped me rank higher in Google and increase my Domain Authority to 58! I’m super happy with this score
    Contact him: https://janzac.com/contact-janzac/ (his prices are very reasonable for the service he provides)

• Jan
    Posted April 9, 2019 11:25 am 0Likes

Hey,
    lately I have finished preparing my ultimate tutorial:

+++ [Beginner’s Guide] How To Make A Website From Scratch +++

I would really apprecaite your feedback, so I can improve my craft.

Link: https://janzac.com/how-to-make-a-website/

If you know someone who may benefit from reading it, I would be really grateful for sharing a link.

Much love from Poland!
    Cheers

• lpe88 download
    Posted May 9, 2019 1:50 pm 0Likes

It has to be mentioned these types of products much more durable and standard than usual plastic window shading.

In simple understanding, there is no effect when you have no motive. https://win88.today/lpe88/

• oprol evorter
    Posted May 16, 2019 2:19 am 0Likes

I have learn several excellent stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much attempt you put to make any such magnificent informative website.

• sky 77761
    Posted May 18, 2019 6:15 am 0Likes

Camp Jordan Park and Arena in East Ridge, TN. Pack up the
    frisbee, grab the dog and plan to spend one day
    relaxing at this fantastic place. With 257 acres, a 2-mile walking track, sand volleyball court, and plenty of picnic tables, Camp Jordan is an ideal place
    to spend the day without spending a dime!

Kings Dominion- Kings Dominion is within Virginia and it has some of the best rides you will discover around the nation. If you
    want to have a lot of qr.sky777.com download, this is the place to go.

While you are there, visit Colonial Williamsburg
    for the perfect learning expertise in a
    fun way. Presently there more discover and do in Kings Dominion than you can see right now.

Go with your exploring hat on, there is lots of it to do here.

What REALLY rocked me, though, was the stated reason “Parental Guidance” is required!
    RATED PG: For some peril and fighting. I read it three times make sure I
    had read it correctly. I flashed to be able to every
    college literature course I took – by two different ‘languages’!
    – and could not think a number of major works of drama, poetry
    or prose that lacked the element for the “(s)hero’s journey” in that the protagonist encounters challenges and
    peril and overcomes these with some kind of action so that you can mature
    and grow. I shudder to consider my grandchildren growing up “protected” from those inspiring examples along with a well-meaning Flick
    Association of America.

Towards no more the summer, the club is also hosting the
    Charlie Stavros Memorial “On the Beach” Run on September 1, 2011.
    This free event takes place right regarding the beach with regard to beautiful scenic jog.

Thread string or ribbon through first straw,
    continuing to the second, third and so on,until all six straws have been threaded.
    When the straws are threaded together they will form a kite shape, The shorter point may be the top within the kite.
    Tie a knot at the underside of the diamond, leaving a period of 7
    to 8 foot of string or ribbon below the knot.

Small children are even mesmerized by the exhibits and squeel with
    delight. Strollers are permitted within the aquarium
    which is a very handy tidbit of information for visitors.

A Patriotic Ceremony will begin off the celebration by using a salute to those men and females who sometimes make this a complimentary country at 8:00 The actual.M.

There will be kid games from 1-4:00 R.M. Kids will enjoy everything from sack races to egg toss to tug of warfare.

Join in on the 4th Annual Payson Arizona Foot Backrounds.

From 6:00-9:00 PM there will be live music by the The Raizen Kain Ring.
    Fireworks will begin at 9:00 P.M. Surrounded on the west by the Mazatzal Mountain Range, on his or her East your Granite
    Dells and to your North the Majestic Mogollon Rim, Green Valley Park is a picturesque
    setting for a breathtaking night of fun, bright lights and large boom! http://air2000.biz/__media__/js/netsoltrademark.php?d=Dandy-shoes.ru%2Fbitrix%2Fredirect.php%3Fevent1%3D%26event2%3D%26event3%3D%26goto%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fsky777.fun%2F

Posted May 23, 2019 1:06 am 0Likes

Auto Like, Autoliker, auto liker, ZFN Liker, Increase Likes, Status Auto Liker, auto like, autolike, Photo Auto Liker, Working Auto Liker, Photo Liker, Autolike International, Autoliker, Auto Liker, autoliker, Status Liker, Autolike

Posted May 23, 2019 1:06 am 0Likes